Exploitation of new natural Greek microbial flora to produce high quality wines – Oenovation
- Post by: enologyadm
- 4 Μαρτίου 2019
- Comments off
The Oenovation program refers to the acquisition of scientific knowledge through applied microbial biochemistry and biotechnology, wine microbiology, plant pathology, wine-making and molecular biotechnology. The Oenovation refers to the implementation of wine-making enterprises in order to produce high quality Greek standardized wine, based on completely local resources (i.e. original Greek cultivars, locally isolated and identified yeast species, etc) which will highlight the particular organoleptic qualities of the wine and gain a distinct market position.
The Laboratory of Oenology and Alcoholic Beverages of AUA is responsible for conducting laboratory scale winemaking through the use of selected yeast strains, organoleptic assessment and tasting as well as grand scale winemaking and market trend research.
- Institute of Agricultural Product Technology –ELGO DIMITRA
- Laboratory of Food Microbiology and Biotechnology. Agricultural University of Athens
- Laboratory of Plant Pathology – Agricultural University of Athens
- Laboratory of Oenology and Alcoholic Beverages – Agricultural University of Athens
- Association of Santorini Products Cooperatives